[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  Eduardo Almeida <eduardo underscore simpsom underscore rj at yahoo dot com dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linux port of M0n0
 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:53:42 -0200
> One of the things that I want is the link load balancing or use two WAN
> links. I don't know about any extension that do the job. And I want to
> make some exotic changes and includes (like squid for transparent
> proxy). I know that the squid thing will never be included in m0n0, and
> that's why i'm going to do the port.

My 2 cents....

I'm working with Manuel in developing a new system to include mdules on
M0n0, and if everything goes ok in the next month I will be releasing to
Manuel this changes. I will as easy as you do everything in m0n0.

The other part, about load balancing, I posted 2 weeks ago here a way to
  do this with m0n0 now, but it is just policy routing.... To have a
full load balancing link solution, for sure you will not have it with
Linux. This support in Linux isn't good as OpenBSD pf. In the release of
m0n0 that include the new FreeBSD 5.3, mybe Manuel can compile in PF
support even not using it directly, but to enable load balancing.

Jean