[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Pass through radius
 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:02:49 -0500
I'd like to setup a radius server that does passthru to another radius
server, so that I can ban people from logging into m0n0 but not do it on
the main radius server.

Can anyone recommend a could radius package for this?  I don't mind
RTFM, but I'd like to get started with a good package (free radius, GNU
radius, open radius, etc.).

Lets say our m0n0 box is 192.168.1.1 and our main radius server is
192.168.1.3 ... I'd like to setup 192.168.1.2 to be the middle man and
pass all incoming authentications onto 192.168.1.3 (if that user is
allowed to connect, etc.)

Also, I'm looking for a way to log IP, mac address, and username to the
radius server.  Right now, I'm using my patch (see m0n0wall-1.2b2
authentication patch from a few weeks back) that locally logs User, IP,
and Mac ... but if I could somehow pass this info to the radius server
then I would be able to go back to using the stock m0n0wall instead of
patching it each time...

Thx,

matt