[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ALFREDO GONZALEZ" <got2go at msn dot com>
 To:  alex at phred dot org, matchstick at oofg dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] debugging m0n0wall hangs
 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:07:28 +0000

>I turned off traffic shaping and it crashed again (shortest uptime
>ever this time, about 7 hours).
>
>I haven't gotten a response from pcengines about diagnostic software
>either.

Hello,
I have a few suggestions:

1- There is a revision to the WRAP boards where a surface mount resistor is
changed out with another one of different value, and a capacitor is added.
If your board does not have this, then it might be the cause. This revision
corrects an instabillity that might be experienced in nosy electrical
situations (Ex: high EMI). You could send the board back and have them make
make the necessary modifications to your board.

2- You could try a newer BIOS, if it is old. This is not related to #1, but
it is just another possible cause for the hangups.
I think I have a later BIOS that I could send you to try if you want.

Got2Go