[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Massimo B." <ghiblone at tin dot it>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "JobOberio - My List Mail" <mylistmail at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ad Blocking in m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:05:20 +0100
Why not? M0n0wall can handle the hosts file!
There is in /etc (or /var/etc) directory:
$ cat /var/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.xxx.it
192.168.0.1   m0n0wall.xxx.it m0n0wall

I will modify this file... may be correct?
This file remain intact after reboot of m0n0wall
or it's overwrite at every boot?  (pc-image)

Probably a performance problem... ok,
but it's possible run a simple test???

Thank's
Massimo B.