[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Half-bridge modem routing fix
 Date:  Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:08:12 +0000
Adam

Sorry to hear that you did'nt use a DSL300T (because I have one of those).  I
was actually playing with the thing yesterday and although it happily runs in
bridge mode, connects to the network OK, it expects the m0n0 box to do
'something'.

So far as I can see, that 'something' is to run PPP.

Your info referred to running DHCP - so I guess that the DSL modem is doing
some sort of passthough (ie it is connecting via PPP and then presents the
address and DNS info via DHCP).

Can you (or anybody else) Confirm that this is what is happening?

Which DSL modem did you actually use?

Cheers

Peter

believed to be clean.