[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco Aironet 350 card
 Date:  Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:19:39 -0800
If memory serves me right, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:

> Thanks for confirming those things Manuel.  However, it still doesn't work.
> :-(  I get an error in the logs from the an driver that says:
>
> kernel: an0: record length mismatch -- expected 430, got 440 for Rid ff68

It's more of a warning...

> where the expected number, the got number and the Rid number changes from
> error to error.  Upon looking up that error, I find that it shouldn't affect
> the functionality of the card in FreeBSD 4.8, and it is caused by the latest
> firmware revision for the card.  Even though  m0n0wall is based on FreeBSD,
> could this error be causing the card not to work?

Well...I plugged your error message into Google, and it turned up a
mailing list thread in which Doug Ambrisko, the FreeBSD developer who
does most of the an(4) work nowadays, said, "It works ... just noisy!"
I also have this vague recollection of trying out an an(4) card with
recently-upgraded firmware on a FreeBSD 4-STABLE laptop with roughly
consistent results (the card works, but the driver printed out lots of
warning messages).

In your original message, you said that the card works because you
"took it out of a working machine".  What OS was that machine running?

Bruce.