[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ira Snyder <iwsnyder at csupomona dot edu>
 To:  ACE <aceofsnett at cox dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with NAT
 Date:  Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:02:02 -0800
ACE wrote:

>Monowall is not working for me at all. None of my port bindings work whatsoever. No NAT ports
forward, even though all firewall rules are properly setup. I cannot use my web server, I cannot use
SSH.. I am going insane trying to understand what I could possibly be doing wrong - the settings are
correct, and the firewall is not blocking anything, as I have checked the logs. It simply denies the
existence of any port forwardings. Please Help.

Perhaps you don't have NAT rules set up?

When you forward ports you need both a NAT rule, and a firewall rule.

Example:
NAT Inbound:
TCP 22 192.168.1.12 22 SSH to Server

Firewall WAN:
TCP * * 192.168.1.12 22   NAT SSH to Server

That is how I forwarded ssh to my server box.

Ira Snyder