[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  Jim McBeath <jimmc at macrovision dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mods to firewall rule code
 Date:  Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:23:28 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Jim McBeath wrote:

> Below are the changes in diff -u format.

Thanks. At first I didn't know what to do with it, but it appears that
simply piping your message into the 'patch' program is the basic
principle. This old dog has just learned a new trick!

Just had a quick first glance and, while it looks very promising, there
are glitches. At first, the rule type field is not initialized correctly
when you edit a rule. It always says Pass (so if you do the edit&save
dance without changing anything, block-rules will become pass-rules).

Secondly, we could do with some more input checking. It lets me enter
ridiculously high values for the sequence number. I didn't veryfy, but I
doubt that the firewall backend will be very happy with these, and even if
it swallows them without complaints, they may not yield the desired
bevaviour.

Otherwise, great idea, and I'll pound it a bit more.

--B