[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bmah at acm dot org (Bruce A. Mah)
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-announce] pb19 released - lots of changes!
 Date:  Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:34:04 -0800
If memory serves me right, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> After working on m0n0wall for about 10 hours today, I'm happy to
> announce that m0n0wall pb19r535 is now available for downloading. Among
> many other small changes, three contributed patches have been
> integrated (listed in the order they were submitted in):
>
> - Petr Verner's "more-advanced advanced outbound NAT patch"
>
> - Bruce A. Mah's filtering bridge patch
>
> - Jim McBeath's filter rule patch
>
> Guys - thank you for contributing!

You're welcome and thank you for working so hard to get our patches
integrated.  I've got pb19r535 running on my Soekris net4501 and it's
running great.  It's really nice to be able to run a "stock"
m0n0wall...this actually is the first time I've run your distribution
without any local patches, if you can believe that!

I'm looking forward to playing around with Jim's new functionality
too...I'm principally interested in blocking various types of
Microsoft-specific traffic from my internal subnets so that in the event
I get some malware-infected Windows machine on my network it won't hurt
anybody else.

Thanks again!

Bruce.