[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Roberto Pereyra <freebsd at gualeguaychu dot gov dot ar>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge with the new version
 Date:  Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:57:51 -0800
If memory serves me right, Roberto Pereyra wrote:

> Now (with the last version) I can bridge LAN and WAN interfaces ?

I'm going to guess "no", because I think that the LAN and WAN
interfaces still need to have separate IP addresses.  (Obviously,
someone can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Unless Manuel *really* changed around my filtering bridge feature
before integrating it, the new version should behave about the same as
far as what interfaces can be bridged.  The main difference in pb19
with respect to bridging is that you can do packet filtering on the
unnumbered interfaces (i.e. the interfaces with no IP addresses).

Bruce.