[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Punky Tse <punkytse at punknix dot com>
 To:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WDS, OSPF, FreeBSD and m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:26:56 +0800
Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Manuel Kasper wrote:
>>Mmmh this has come up before, and I don't really feel comfortable about
>>having dynamic routing on a firewall.
>
> I agree with you here Manuel but for slightly different reasons.  IMHO
> it's not something that a lot of people would use, and it just bloats
> the image.
>
> Bruce.

Understanding your concern.  But with WDS and OSPF, I can setup a
wireless mesh network like this:
http://www.sown.org.uk/index.php/Routing

Of course it can be done on Linux, but I think m0n0wall has better
potential and easier for configuration (because of webgui) so I just ask.

Thanks again
--
Regards,
Punky