[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A few questions
 Date:  Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:10:41 -0500
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:47:25 +0100, Miguel Angel Alvarez
<maalvarez at telefonica dot net> wrote:

> I have read that some commercial gateways allowed the laptops computers
> configured with a static IP address to navigate through the Internet.

> gateway, and the m0n0wall LAN is a 192.168.2.1/24 LAN could I navigate
> in the same way (not changing this config with a DHCP config)? I think
> this behaviour is from a Cisco Hotspot equipment or something like that.

I've also seen commercial equipment that'll do that, but m0n0wall
won't.  I'd imagine the way it works is it'll use proxy ARP to respond
to any/all ARP requests, and permit any IP on the LAN and remember
which ones it is servicing from there.  I'd be interested in seeing
any technical docs you can find on how this is done.  It may or may
not be possible with FreeBSD.

> code?

rootfs on the download page.

> Is there a project to translate the WebGUI? I would like to translate it
> to Spanish

It's been discussed in the past, and Manuel wasn't keen on the idea
for good reason.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=71&actionargs[]=06

-Chris