[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Petersen <sehnept at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Non-Wireless PCMCIA Cards with Laptop
 Date:  Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:21:00 -0500
I'm am trying to configure m0n0wall to use two 3Com 3C589D pc cards
(On an old IBM ThinkPad 560Z w/ 128MB RAM).   So far I haven't had any
luck seeing the cards with m0n0wall version 1.11 or 1.2b2.

Here's what I've tried:

- Used the 3Com utility to change the IRQ on the two cards.

- Copied a full version version of the pccard.conf file back into the
m0n0wall image as suggested by Michael de Bruin in an earlier post.

- Tried recompiling the kernel using the M0N0WALL_GENERIC kernel file
after verifying the ep device driver was included.  I then added the
kernel back into the m0n0wall image.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Steve