[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Bullock <kbullock at umn dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Proxy ARP routing
 Date:  Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:37:32 -0600
Hey all--

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything in
the list archives. I'd like to set up m0n0wall to route (and filter) for
several machines using proxy ARP, with the machines being on the same
subnet as the external network. I.e.:

External net      m0n0wall      internal machines
10.0.0.x     <--> 10.0.0.3 <--> 10.0.0.1
                                10.0.0.2
                                10.0.0.4

Proxy ARP is answering for 10.0.0.{1,2,4}, but I can't figure out how
I'd set up the static routes necessary to do this.

I've seen documentation for Linux saying that to do this, you'd set up
both the internal and external interface with the same IP address. I
don't know if this applies to FreeBSD as well though.

Any suggestions?

--
Kevin R. Bullock
Internet Systems Designer and Administrator