[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Warren" <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  System Requirements
 Date:  Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:43:50 -0700
How do you judge what sort of CPU and memory requirements are required for
a new m0n0wall installation?

On the WAN, 5Mb downstream 1Mb upstream, I'm expecting to have 1 or 2
IPSec tunnels, and 4-5 PPTP tunnels active at any time.

There will be a LAN port using NAT, and a OPT1 which is a filtering bridge
to WAN.

LAN and OPT1 will be 100Mb or possible gigabit ethernet, and will have a
sizeable amount of traffic passing back and forth.

I'm planning to use a PC, but I'm not really certain how fast a machine
would be required.  I'll be repurposing old hardware.

--
Sorry, she meant to say "stripped naked and thrown out an airlock"
I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.