[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gwyn Evans <gwyn dot evans at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dub Dublin <dub at infowave dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Inbount NAT won't answer on WAN i/f
 Date:  Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:19:18 +0000
Hi,
  I'm certainly no expert, but I've got a m0n0wall running between my
local LAN (upstairs - 192.168.99.x) and a 'WAN' (a WiFi link to my
downstairs network - 192.168.23.x).  I wanted to give my downstairs PC
access to my networked printer (192.168.99.254) and eventually managed
it (with v1.1) as follows...

Firewall/NAT
  if: WAN, extAddr: Interface, Prot:TCP, ExtPort: 9100 NAT IP:
192.168.99.254, Local:9100

i.e. just what you'd expect, but I'm fairly sure that I *also* needed
the following, which I didn't expect to...

Firewall/Rules
  if:WAN  Act:Pass, From:Any, SourcePort:Any, Dest:192.168.99.254,
DestPort: 9100

  i.e. I needed to open the port for direct access from the WAN before
the NAT would work, despite the client going via the WAN IP (i.e.
192.168.23.13).

/Gwyn