[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dub Dublin <dub at infowave dot com>
 To:  gwyn at javaguy dot co dot uk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Inbount NAT won't answer on WAN i/f
 Date:  Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:08:04 -0600
Gwyn Evans wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:15:58 -0600, Dub Dublin <dub at infowave dot com> wrote:
>

>>Yes, I've definitely been trying this from the outside, and cannot get
>>it to work as you have.  I've tried telnetting and port scanning to see
>>what's there, and the m0n0wall box is a smooth teflon cliff-face from
>>the outside (with the exception of a handhold for the PPTP port, as I
>>mentioned earlier, so I know it *can* talk to the outside...
>>

>  Could it be your ISP blocking/redirecting those particular ports?
>Would it be worth trying with some other non-standard ports just to
>compare?

I really wish I hadn't created another subject for the bug report...

The ISP is not an issue - first, they definitely do pass the traffic, or
my mail and web server would not work as it has for years.  Secondly, I
can insert a node on the DMZ segment between the ISP and the m0n0 box,
using a valid public static IP.  As I said, the only port open on the
outside is PPTP (which does work - I can connect all the way to the
inside just fine) - I cannot get any response on 25, 80, or anything
else so far regardless of how I configure NAT/firewall rules.  This is
getting frustrating...