[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Terry O'Connor <coast1 at bigpond dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with PPTP, Capitive Portal and Radious
 Date:  Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:21:02 -0500
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:15:09 +1000, Terry O'Connor <coast1 at bigpond dot com> wrote:

> My problems are as follows :
>
> When I establish a PPTP session from a host on the Internet I can establish
> a session and authenitcate via the local Users database without any
> problems.  When I check the IP configuration details on the Windows 2000
> workstation establishing the PPTP session (ipconfig) I get :
>
>         IPAddress 192.168.2.16
>         Netmask: 255.255.255.255
>         Gateway 192.168.2.16

Is 192.168.2.x your LAN subnet?

> I cannot ping anything but the local interface. I would have thought that I
> could ping any host on the LAN segment.

If it's within your LAN subnet and you have firewall rules that let
the PPTP clients access the LAN (as shown here:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-pptprules.html), then yes.

> The second issue is that I cannot get the Radius to authenticate either.
> Radius messages are sent to the Radius Server.  I am unsure as to what the
> correct Radius reply items should be for PPTP users.
>
> The third issue is similar to the above in that I am unsure of the correct
> radius reply items needed to successfully authenticate and I am unsure about
> the authentication web page as every time I try to authenticate I am not
> seeing any radiusd authentication requests being passed to the radiusd
> server.

Not much to getting RADIUS to work.  Just need to make sure your
secret is set appropriately, and that PAP is enabled.  Other than
that, defaults should work.  What RADIUS server are you using?

-Chris