[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Gressick" <mg at whitehousepost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need a recomendation on a 1U box for m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:20:56 -0600
Hello all,

We have four sites, each will soon have a 45mb/sec DS3 link.  I want to
link each site to each other via IPSec. (Multiple-hub/spoke configuration,
so each site will connect to the three others)

My question is, what kind of processing power will I need to push 45mb/sec
through an IPSec'ed pipe to my other location? (while maintaining the
other always-on connections)
I imagine one of the Soekris boxs won't do it, so I'm lookin for some type
of 1U solution.  We need the horsepower to push the traffic, the ability
to have at least three, ideally four, interfaces, in as slim of a box as
possible (1U). We're not above spending some $$$ on the server boxs, from
say Dell or HP, so any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike