[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Balgansuren Batsukh" <balgaa at newcom dot mn>
 To:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Wireless AP
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:26:15 +0800
> What I am asking is, do you want the wireless clients
> to have the same IP subnet as the wired clients?
> For example, if you have a LAN with network number 192.168.1.0
> (i.e., netmask 255.255.255.0) and you want Wireless clients
> to have the same IP address range, eg 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.200,
> then you need to bridge.   I don't know anything about that.

Yes, can be both case. Is it possible?

> >> Are others bridging wireless to wired?
>

> A more likely example is, you have one routable IP address
> for example, 64.88.88.88, and you want m0n0 to *route* from
> the Wireless network to the WAN,
> (I believe this implies automatic NAT, since the
> WAN only has one IP, but the "NAT" screens are not used).

Yes, 192.168.0.0 on wi0 (OPT) and public IP address or 192.168.1.0 on sis0
(LAN)

> > How can I configure my wi0 interface as OPT1?
> > I tried from console, but failed.
>
> I think what you need to do after you set up WAN and LAN
> through the console, is log in via the LAN
> and go to the Assign Interfaces screen, and click the
> + at the bottom of the list)

I did on console following:
WAN: wi0
LAN: sis0

Then I go to web and enter to the Assign Interfaces screen, but can't find
any "+" on that page.

How can I to activate/add OPT1 interface?

Regards,
Balgaa