[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FAQ 13.13 problem...
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:46:08 -0500

I'm running m0n0wall 1.11. I've spent the entire
night trying to get FAQ 13.13's 'routing' example
working, but to no avail.

I connect via PPPoE, and I have three NICs in my
box: WAN, LAN, Public. I have routed a /29 to my
PPPoE account, and I turned on advanced outbound
NAT and just entered one NAT for what I think is
my LAN:

Interface       Source          Destination     Target     Description
WAN     *               *

With no inbound, server NAT, or 1:1.

I've checked my subnets many times, and they look
OK, but when I try to ping an internet IP from
the Public interface I get packet loss.

Does anyone have this setup working properly? If
so, what's the trick? I'm pulling my hair out here!

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)