[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FAQ 13.13 problem...
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:46:08 -0500
Hello,

I'm running m0n0wall 1.11. I've spent the entire
night trying to get FAQ 13.13's 'routing' example
working, but to no avail.

I connect via PPPoE, and I have three NICs in my
box: WAN, LAN, Public. I have routed a /29 to my
PPPoE account, and I turned on advanced outbound
NAT and just entered one NAT for what I think is
my LAN:

Interface       Source          Destination     Target     Description
WAN             192.168.1.0/24  *               *

With no inbound, server NAT, or 1:1.

I've checked my subnets many times, and they look
OK, but when I try to ping an internet IP from
the Public interface I get packet loss.

Does anyone have this setup working properly? If
so, what's the trick? I'm pulling my hair out here!
:)

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,