[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Hamel <billh at bugs dot hamel dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0 wireless interface question
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:54:08 -0500
for Googleing purposes I wanted to post a followup just incase this happens to
help someone else.

As it turns out the Orinoco Silver cards do not work with M0n0wall 1.1 for what
I am doinf (An access point) so I purchased cards from netgate.com,
specifically they are 802.11b PCMCIA cards and they worked like a champ.

The card is a "Wireless LAN PC Card"
The Model is: 2511CD PLUS Ext2

Be careful just running out to buy this particular card because there are
different antenna output options. I would recommend going to their site at
http://www.netgate.com and picking which card you want, they come stand alone
or in kit form with various antenna combinations.

Thanks again for all of your inputs !

Ciao,
-bh

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.