[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FAQ 13.13 problem...
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:33:13 -0500
Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running m0n0wall 1.11. I've spent the entire
> night trying to get FAQ 13.13's 'routing' example
> working, but to no avail.
>
> I connect via PPPoE, and I have three NICs in my
> box: WAN, LAN, Public. I have routed a /29 to my
> PPPoE account, and I turned on advanced outbound
> NAT and just entered one NAT for what I think is
> my LAN:

Is it even possible to route a /29 to a m0n0wall WAN
that is doing PPPoE? I *was* just assigning a static
IP to the PPPoE interface from RADIUS, but I just
tried to assign a /29 subnet directly - so I can could
try to bridge WAN and Public - but the netmask it
gives me is still: 255.255.255.255

Is anyone out there successfully routing a subnet directly
to the WAN interface via PPPoE? If so, is there a trick
to it? (my upstream PPPoE server is a Cisco 2600)

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,