[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Bill Hamel <billh at bugs dot hamel dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Is there a way to filter by MAC address ?
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:33:16 -0500
In this topology m0n0 has a wireless interface configured as an AP. I wish to
pass regular internet traffic across the wireless interface and an ethernet
interface and limit by mac address who can connect to the AP.

Currently I have the AP configured which is M0n0 1.1 and the Wireless interface
is bridged to the Optional interface. Internet traffic runs through the bridge
using non-private IP adressing just dandy, but now I want to limit by MAC
address who can connect to the AP.

Is this possible ?

Captive portal seems like a nice way of doing it but it looks as like I am
limited because it seems to require you run NAT thereby loosing the ability to
route native internet traffic. And Trying to run captive portal on a bridged
interface is not allowed.

What would work great if there was a way to filter on MAC in "Rules" on a
bridged interface, but I dont see an option for MAC address filtering.

Any input greatly appreciated,

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.