[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FAQ 13.13 problem...
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:54:52 -0500
Jesse Guardiani wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm running m0n0wall 1.11. I've spent the entire
>> night trying to get FAQ 13.13's 'routing' example
>> working, but to no avail.
>>
>> I connect via PPPoE, and I have three NICs in my
>> box: WAN, LAN, Public. I have routed a /29 to my
>> PPPoE account, and I turned on advanced outbound
>> NAT and just entered one NAT for what I think is
>> my LAN:
>
> Is it even possible to route a /29 to a m0n0wall WAN
> that is doing PPPoE? I *was* just assigning a static
> IP to the PPPoE interface from RADIUS, but I just
> tried to assign a /29 subnet directly - so I can could
> try to bridge WAN and Public - but the netmask it
> gives me is still: 255.255.255.255
>
> Is anyone out there successfully routing a subnet directly
> to the WAN interface via PPPoE? If so, is there a trick
> to it? (my upstream PPPoE server is a Cisco 2600)

Nevermind. The answer is NO, you can't get a netmask
via PPPoE. This post explains that fact and recommends that
I assign the static IPs to one of my OPT interfaces:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=68&actionargs[]=16

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,