[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is there a way to filter by MAC address ?
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:15:32 -0500

http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-macfilt.html

> Captive portal seems like a nice way of doing it but it looks as like I am
> limited because it seems to require you run NAT thereby loosing the ability to
> route native internet traffic. And Trying to run captive portal on a bridged
> interface is not allowed.

You don't have to use NAT, if you have enough public IP's to put a
public subnet on your OPT interface you can use a sub-subnet of your
public subnet on that OPT interface.  Or you can do 1:1 NAT.

But you can't use captive portal on a bridged interface.

-Chris