[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  "Jason J. Ellingson" <jason at ellingson dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] poor performance!
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:52:53 -0500
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 4:38 pm, Jason J. Ellingson wrote:
> Since you are talking about data between the Intel PCI and 3Com PCI card
> (and not the ISA 3Com card), I'd look there..

Actually (and this is one of the things I *really* like about m0n0wall),
I swapped the interface assignments around and tried it with xl card as
LAN and ep card as WAN and get the exact same behavior. For what that's
worth...

> I see that the two PCI cards are on the same IRQ.... IRQ 9 (which itself is
> a cascaded IRQ and often used by other things as well)... use the DOS
> utilities that come with the intel and 3com to change their IRQs to
> different numbers...

OK, if I can find the utilities I will give that a shot. What are good
IRQs to use with FreeBSD?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,