[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darryl Okahata <darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com>
 To:  jesse at wingnet dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] poor performance!
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:35:57 -0800
jesse at wingnet dot net wrote:

> If I download something from a computer on
> the LAN through the WAN over 1.5Mx256M ADSL
> to a machine on the other side of the ADSL,
> I get a consistent 26K/s using wget on the
> public IP machine and Apache2 on the local LAN
> machine.

     If what you wrote is correct, 26KB/sec is about right.  You have a
256Kbps pipe going from LAN to WAN, and a 1.5MBps pipe going from WAN to
LAN.  Since you said you were going from LAN to WAN, you're using the
256KBps pipe.

[ You *are* connecting "WAN" to the DSL modem, and "LAN" to your local
  LAN, right?  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco dot agilent dot com