[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: poor performance!
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:54:45 -0500
Jason J. Ellingson wrote:

> Since you are talking about data between the Intel PCI and 3Com PCI card
> (and not the ISA 3Com card), I'd look there...
>
> I see that the two PCI cards are on the same IRQ.... IRQ 9 (which itself
> is a cascaded IRQ and often used by other things as well)... use the DOS
> utilities that come with the intel and 3com to change their IRQs to
> different numbers...

I don't think PCI cards come with such a utility. I know the
old ISA cards did, but I think most PCI hardware IRQ settings
are done in BIOS now. It took some work, but I finally got
my motherboard to force a different set of IRQs. Things do
seem a bit more responsive now. Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,