[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Travis Dixon <travisd at tubas dot net>
 To:  Tom Obermayr <to at bla dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco VPN Client behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:24:04 -0500 (EST)
The Cisco client has a very good NAT traversal mode - I use this and have
no problems at all behind m0n0.

You can actually do either udp or tcp tunnelling. I actually configured my vpn
concentrator to support tunnelling on many common ports which helps when dealing
with some more braindead foreign networks (hotels, etc).

THe only negative impact *may* be some performance but for normal VPN usage I have
never had a problem with this.

The settings on the client are under the "Transport" tab. Tunnelling must be enabled on
the VPN server as well.