[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Arild A. Skullerud" <arild at vaffel dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to use VPN passthrough from behind a M0n0wall to different type VPN server.
 Date:  Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:55:30 +0100
Hi

I am trying to do the following:
Have a working M0n0wall installation at home. Some servers and some workstations behind it with
working NATs. Port 445 go to 1 server etc.

My workplace now use VPN connections so I have to connect to work from behind my M0n0wall to a
Checkpoint firewall using the Checkpoint Securemote VPN client. For this connection I have to use a
certificate and a password.

When I try to connect with the Securemote client using the certificate and password the connection
times out. No reply is ever given from the workplace VPN firewall.

Have tried NATing port 50, 51 and 500 to my workstation, but it does not help. Do I need to turn on
any VPN related functions to get VPN passthrough to work?

The optimal solution would be to load the certificate and password in M0n0wall and establish the
tunnel between the firewalls, but that is for the future I guess.

Sincerely
ArildS

This mail was virus scanned by McAfee
Check out: www.vaffel.net