[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to use VPN passthrough from behind a M0n0wall to different type VPN server.
 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:01:45 +0100
Don't forget to allow ESP through the m0n0wall.

Daniele

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 19:55, Arild A. Skullerud wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to do the following:
> Have a working M0n0wall installation at home. Some servers and some workstations behind it with
working NATs. Port 445 go to 1 server etc.

> My workplace now use VPN connections so I have to connect to work from behind my M0n0wall to a
Checkpoint firewall using the Checkpoint Securemote VPN client. For this connection I have to use a
certificate and a password.

> When I try to connect with the Securemote client using the certificate and password the connection
times out. No reply is ever given from the workplace VPN firewall.

> Have tried NATing port 50, 51 and 500 to my workstation, but it does not help. Do I need to turn
on any VPN related functions to get VPN passthrough to work?

> The optimal solution would be to load the certificate and password in M0n0wall and establish the
tunnel between the firewalls, but that is for the future I guess.