[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wilfred van Kilsdonk <wilfred at metacortex dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridging...
 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:55:02 +0100
Hello,

I configured a monowall server like this on a generic pc;

3 nics with WAN and OPT as 1 bridge. (and one for LAN)
When I enable 'filtering bridge' in the Advanced section the bridge is now
filtered, right?

Ok, it works in one way, I connected a server to the OPT1 interface and only allow
for example SSH traffic to the server.

This works fine, the server can only be reached by SSH and nothing else.
BUT when I am logged in at the server I cannot SSH to the outside of server.(or anything else)

How can I do this? I tried in the Rules;

OPT1 interface

Proto   Source        Port  Destination  Port     Desc.
TCP     <server IP>   22    *            *        SSH to outside world

And lot of other combinations..
How can I solve it so the server connected to the monowall can make any connection
to the outside world?

Thank you in advance for any answers..

--
Wilfred