[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Degenhardt <bmd at bmdhacks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  rescue a failed router
 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:45:34 -0800
Here's a feature request borne out of dealing with a downed router.
We were using the cdrom image with a floppy for saving config when the
floppy disk died.  The router seemed to work fine but the web interface
returned:

XML error: no m0n0wall object found

Unfortunately, this prevented me from retrieving any of the config.
Anyways, keeping a backup of config.xml in ram and making it
downloadable from this error page would have totally saved me.

Needless to say I spent the time to get m0n0 to boot off of a harddrive
this time around.

cheers
-bmd