[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Degenhardt <bmd at bmdhacks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] rescue a failed router
 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:49:21 -0800
On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 14:18, Oli wrote:

> Don't rely on floppies ;)
>
> Whenever i change my floppy's config.xml i also back it up to another
> machine. When the floppy dies i can easily replace it and restore my
> config.xml from backup.

Yes backups and using more reliable media are both excellent steps that
I now take on my firewall.

> No need to waste m0n0's RAM.

I believe the config is already stored on the ramdisk in
/tmp/config.cache so all I'm really asking is for a method of retrieving
it when all else fails.

This isn't necessarily for me since I'm now backing up my config, but
for the next guy who's lack of precaution gets him in trouble.

cheers
-bmd