[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Hamel <billh at bugs dot hamel dot net>
 To:  Rick Preston <rickjpreston at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IpSec Tunnel Sanity check please
 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:56:31 -0500
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.

Curious, do you have inbound rules also, and can you ?

I other firewalls I work with I normally see an IPSec interface or tunnel
reference in rule options so that you can map rules from and to the tunnel, but
I guess m0n0 doesnt do it that way.

I'll give this a shot as soon as I can. I really appreciate the insight.

FWIW, I normally set LAN -> Internet traffic to only what the user needs, for
safe internetting :)

Thanks again,
-b