[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Multiple PPPoE sessions to ISP
 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:58:18 -0500
Henning Wangerin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Currently I have three "routers" connected to my ISP:
> 1) My linux file/web/mail/ssh etc server
> 2) a DLink handling most of my outgoing traffic from my LAN
> 3) a monowall handling an WiFi AP, incomming VPN-links and a small part
> of my LAN-traffic.
>
> Each box is connecting to my ISP via their own PPPoE-userid, but I'd
> like to expand my monowall to handle all my traffic, as well as a couple
> of LAN-to-LAN VPN connections.
>
> I need to handle at least two PPPoE sessions simultaniusly, as I need at
> least two IPs.

 You know that you can bind multiple IPs to the WAN interface via the
NAT -> Server NAT feature, right? I do this currently to enable a separation
between my private LAN and my public DMZ. All NAT rules go through a secondary
IP bound to the WAN interface, while DMZ traffic passes through the default
IP assigned directly to the PPPoE link.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,