[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Multiple PPPoE sessions to ISP
 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:58:18 -0500
Henning Wangerin wrote:

> Hi!
> Currently I have three "routers" connected to my ISP:
> 1) My linux file/web/mail/ssh etc server
> 2) a DLink handling most of my outgoing traffic from my LAN
> 3) a monowall handling an WiFi AP, incomming VPN-links and a small part
> of my LAN-traffic.
> Each box is connecting to my ISP via their own PPPoE-userid, but I'd
> like to expand my monowall to handle all my traffic, as well as a couple
> of LAN-to-LAN VPN connections.
> I need to handle at least two PPPoE sessions simultaniusly, as I need at
> least two IPs.

 You know that you can bind multiple IPs to the WAN interface via the
NAT -> Server NAT feature, right? I do this currently to enable a separation
between my private LAN and my public DMZ. All NAT rules go through a secondary
IP bound to the WAN interface, while DMZ traffic passes through the default
IP assigned directly to the PPPoE link.

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)