[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  'M0n0Wall' list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bridging / Cron
 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:53:54 -0800
OK, I've looked in the archives for ways to do this.  But I haven't
found anything yet.  I've asked before, but did not get any replies
(probably nobody knew then).

1st question:
	Bridging more than two adapters.

I would like to bridge sis0 + wi1 + wi2.  This is the way I have my
Pebble currently setup, and I would really like to switch it back to
m0n0wall.  Is there a way to hack the config.xml file to do this?

2nd question:
	Auto reboot from Cron.

I have read the flames about this in the archives, but there was not
answer to it.  Here is my problem;  m0n0wall locks up from time to time
using wireless.  It's just a fact.  It's not as stable as everyone
says.

I would like to setup a script that pings the server every 10 minutes
to check if the connection is still alive and if dead, reboot.  I have
this running on my Pebble Linux boxes and it's a life saver.  I don't
have to drive out to the location anymore to reboot it.  It was
happening every day for awhile (with m0n0wall).  If I could put my own
script on the box that does a ping test that would be cool.  Usually
the wireless drivers will crash, but the box runs fine, so the watchdog
does nothing.

Currently I have one m0n0wall box running with the latest version to
see if the wireless is more robust now.  I also have the captive portal
setup using radius.  m0n0wall's captive portal is 1000x better than
NoCat.

Thanks in advance for any help.