[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging / Cron
 Date:  Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:58:18 +0100
* Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com> wrote:

> 2nd question:
> 	Auto reboot from Cron.

There is no cron in m0n0wall.

> I have read the flames about this in the archives, but there was not
> answer to it.  Here is my problem;  m0n0wall locks up from time to
> time using wireless.  It's just a fact.  It's not as stable as
> everyone says.

Check your hardware.

> I would like to setup a script that pings the server every 10
> minutes to check if the connection is still alive and if dead,
> reboot.  I have this running on my Pebble Linux boxes and it's a
> life saver.  I don't have to drive out to the location anymore to
> reboot it.  It was happening every day for awhile (with m0n0wall).
> If I could put my own script on the box that does a ping test that
> would be cool.  Usually the wireless drivers will crash, but the box
> runs fine, so the watchdog does nothing.

You could try inserting your script via <shellcmd> in config.xml like:

<shellcmd>while : ; do sleep 600 ; check ip ....... ; done</shellcmd>

I haven't tried this, maybe you can do it that way.

Another way customizing m0n0wall is building your own images. You will
need a running FreeBSD-4.10 to do so.
Further reading:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=7&actionargs[]=97
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0/