[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec
 Date:  Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:30:46 -0500 (EST)
I am trying to set up an IPSec tunnel between my two m0n0's.
Both m0n0's seem to be fully-functioning, and they can ping each other.
I followed the guide in the m0n0-manual, and this is what I got:
(IP addresses changed to protect the hacker-wanna-be's from themselves)

IPSec on
LAN               WAN      aggressive    3DES   MD5

IPSec on
 LAN                 WAN    aggressive   3DES   MD5

I tried pinging from 64, and from 216,
and got no answer (100% loss) - it did not complain about no route.

Diagnostics/IPSec shows nothing under SAD, but under SPD,
on each box, both routes (lanes ? :-) of the tunnel are shown.

Do I need to add Rules to enable this?
The strong words of caution in the guide suggest
that rules would not be needed.

I'd be greatful for any suggestions.