[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dino Edwards <computerservices at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP Server Issues Behind Monowall Firewall
 Date:  Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:38:13 -0500
I know, I've searched through probably the entire mailing list and
I've found some things that were helpful, but I have yet to find a
solutions. I'm having the same issue that that a lot of other people
have had. Able to connect to the FTP server behind monowall via NAT
but no directory listing.

As I understand this, I need to have an outbound rule from the
server's IP address to the external WAN IP on both port 20 and 21 in
order for the FTP to
work? What exactly would an oubound rule for FTP look like considering
you are not able to specifiy ports in the oubound NAT?

Does anyone have a precise and useful guide on how to get this to work
with monowall?

I have five static IP addresses that have been assigned to monowall in
the server NAT and I have also enabled ARP proxy. I have an FTP server
that's accessible via an IP address in the Server NAT and not the WAN
assigned IP address.

If you decide to help on this, please include PRECISE instructions on
how to do this with monowall. I have gotten enough vague information
on how to do this to last me a lifetime through the mailing list and
the Internet in general. I just want this to work. Any useful help
would be grealy appreciated.

Thank you.