[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil Schneider" <pacneil at linuxgeek dot net>
 To:  "Dino Edwards" <computerservices at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP Server Issues Behind Monowall Firewall
 Date:  Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:07:19 -0800 (PST)
Dino Edwards said:
> I know, I've searched through probably the entire mailing list and
> I've found some things that were helpful, but I have yet to find a
> solutions. I'm having the same issue that that a lot of other people
> have had. Able to connect to the FTP server behind monowall via NAT
> but no directory listing.
>
> As I understand this, I need to have an outbound rule from the
> server's IP address to the external WAN IP on both port 20 and 21 in
> order for the FTP to
> work? What exactly would an oubound rule for FTP look like considering
> you are not able to specifiy ports in the oubound NAT?
>
> Does anyone have a precise and useful guide on how to get this to work
> with monowall?
>
> I have five static IP addresses that have been assigned to monowall in
> the server NAT and I have also enabled ARP proxy. I have an FTP server
> that's accessible via an IP address in the Server NAT and not the WAN
> assigned IP address.
>
> If you decide to help on this, please include PRECISE instructions on
> how to do this with monowall. I have gotten enough vague information
> on how to do this to last me a lifetime through the mailing list and
> the Internet in general. I just want this to work. Any useful help
> would be grealy appreciated.

I just posted a step by step to:

http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=NineSixteen

--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin