[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ocl <ocl at arayan dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wishlist
 Date:  Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:36:34 +0200
I have been playing around with m0n0wall for a while
and I love it.

I do however have a few things I wish was in it, such as

1) Password protection for the console. Alright, we all
know that 'console' basically means 'physical access'
and there is very little you can do against things people
can do when they have physical access. But, that is not
what I am trying to protect m0n0 against. All I need is
a password protected (logon?) screen so that people will
not accidentally alter anything.

2) I am a Windows guys using Debian more and more; all
of this is meant to say that, even though there may be
a 2-minute guru solution to this, I am definitely not
the guru to do it :-)

And here is what it is that I wish:

m0n0 handles most NICs without a hitch, but what if
I need to add a couple of WAN cards in the same box,
such as the Sangoma Wanpipe stuff... If there were a
simple method that I could just add to disk I created
with 'raw CF/HD image for generic pc', then I'd be
over the moon.

IOW, is there a way one can add modules to it without
recompiling everything (read: kernel etc.) ?

Cheers
Ray