[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh McAllister" <josh at bluehornet dot com>
 To:  "ocl" <ocl at arayan dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wishlist
 Date:  Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:55:38 -0800
Password protection may not be a bad thing... but part of the point of
the console is to recover from a lost password.

As for making it overly simple to extend m0n0... while I'm sure it
wasn't a design consideration, one of the "features" of requiring people
to have a fairly solid knowledge of the inner workings before tweaking
it is that it protects people from themselves, and this list from
hundreds of home-made hacks gone awry. ;)

Josh McAllister