[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Parry <bill at efuture dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Multiple Public IP Issue
 Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:32:41 +1100
I hope somebody can assist! I have a bridged ADSL static IP address with
a subnet /30 and have succesfully used NAT and PAT to this point.

I have just been allocated an additional seperate range of  public IPs
with a subnet of /29 need to continue using the old IP address as the
WAN .  I have read the instructions and have tried:

Routing the public IPs (with outbound nat turned on - with a rule nating
only internal private lan) on the optional nic (using one ip from the
new scope as its ip).  I set servers up using the other IPs in the scope
with the gateway the optional nic.  I then set up a rules.  The result
is no access to internet from those servers and no access to those
servers from outside.

The results are similar using tried server nat and 1:1 (with and without
proxy ARP).  I cannot get access to the new range of IPs.

I have tried every rule I can think of and still nothing.

There must something simple that I have not configured correctly.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Parry