[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mr. listman" <savethelist at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP nat loopback
 Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:52:21 +0100
simple and easy way, map your internal ip to your external DNS name, to your
host file in \windows\system32\drivers\etc, in windows xp, or w2k, if u have
win9x, then it's in your windows directory..

example

public ip: 81.58.55.73          === www.mynat.com
internal ip of web server      ===  192.168.10.77

place the following in your host file

192.168.10.77             mynat.com

it works perfect for me

as the previous posted said, u can also do it in DNS

>From: "Jesper dot have at aaganet dot dk" <jesper dot have at aaganet dot dk>
>To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
>Subject: [m0n0wall] IP nat loopback
>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:12:26 +0100
>
>Hi
>
>How do i enable IP nat loopback so i can access my own www server ?
>
>--
>Best regards
>Jesper Have

Hotmail en Messenger on the move