[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dino Edwards <computerservices at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP Server Issues Behind Monowall-Take Two
 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:20:59 -0500
Has anyone gotten FTP to work behind monowall with an IP address not
assigned to the WAN interface? I've tried 1:1 mapping, and server nat
but nothing works. I have gotten it to work with the IP address
assigned to the WAN interface but beyond that no workie! My feeling is
that FTP implementation is broke when it comes to server nat or 1:1
mapping with an IP not assigned to the WAN interface. I've gotten a
lot of suggestions from people already, but most of the time I've
gotten suggestions that don't jive with the way monowall works.

Other services such as SMTP, HTTP, POP3, terminal services, VNC work
perfectly either through 1:1 mapping or server NAT. The only thing
common between the above mentioned services is that they use 1 port
where FTP uses at least two ports.

Any thoughts on this? This would probably be a good place to hear some
feedback from Mr. Kasper concerning this issue.