[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mike at csits dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PCMCIA NICs with Soekris 4501 and m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:35:54 +0000
I am trying to build a firewall based on m0n0wall and a Soekris 4501 and three
ethernet interfaces.  The Soekris has two ethernet internfaces and these work
fine.  I am trying to add a PCMCIA network card as the third interface.  When
m0n0 boots it displays messages saying that a card has been inserted into the
PCMCIA slot.  If I pull the card out and reinsert it while the m0n0wall is
running, I see messages in the log about a PCMCIA card being removed and
inserted.  However, when the m0n0wall boots, it does not detect the card.  An
autodetect of the optional interface does not turn anything up.  I have done
an ifconfig and I get sis0, sis1, lo, ppp0 and faith0.  The card is a 3com
589c and I have tried a 3c589d.  I have searched on google and turned up
nothing.

Has anyone here a) Got experience of getting a 3c589 working? or b) can anyone
recommend a PCMCIA NIC which they have proven to work under m0n0?

Thanks,
Mike.