[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IP nat loopback
 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:43:52 -0700
James W. McKeand wrote:

>The question was to access his www server - I assume one port to one
>server. AFAIK, this is the *ONLY* way to do this on the M0n0wall
>(someone correct me if I am wrong). The other option is to use an
>entry in his host file (this was presented by - Mr. Listman)

This is the only option available at the moment.  While it's not a bad
solution, it certainly isn't as convenient as a $50 Linksys
BEFSR11/BEFSR41 which does support loopback handling seamlessly.

>PS: My mail reader does not present a simple way to *NOT* top-post. I
>am not the only one who top-posts on this list. By the way, what
>resources am I wasting? These electrons are 100% recyclable.

According to your headers, you're using Outlook.  I realize Outlook is a
little behind the times, but I fired it up just to make sure and it does
support cursor keys, which allows you to move the cursor anywhere in the
email message you want and start typing.  In addition, it does allow you
to trim unneeded parts of the quote.

I think this quote says it all:
"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to
   be is like shitting in your pants because that's where your
   asshole happened to be."  -- Andreas Prilop (c.i.w.a.h)

As for what resources you're wasting, Bandwidth, for one.  Many of us
pay for every byte we send or receive, and proper quoting can actually
save real people real money.

--
There was a survey just recently that revealed the following results;

40% of women said they thought their ass was too big.
40% of women said they thought their ass was too little.
20% of women said they didn't care what their ass looked like, they were
going to stay married to him anyway.