[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP nat loopback
 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:08:03 -0000
> PS: My mail reader does not present a simple way to *NOT*
> top-post. I am not the only one who top-posts on this list.
> By the way, what resources am I wasting? These electrons are
> 100% recyclable.

Some people do receive mail on devices like cellphones and so on, which
usually charge per megabyte received. Sure, it might not be much, but over
the course of a month or so of list mail, it probably adds up.

If you're using Outlook, there's a lovely little program called
Outlook-Quotefix available here:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

I've been using it for years (on one of the lists I post to, top-posting is
considered a kick-off-list offence), and it's a great tool.

> Then there are always the people who complain about message
> size and insist on dedicating a decent chunk of their message
> to a stupid QOTD....

General netiquette is that sigs should be no more than 4 lines. That
includes really annoying corporate disclaimers. Since we're on the subject
of netiquette, it'd be nice if people posting from their offices might have
a word with their IT departments about this. Posting a url for a disclaimer
might be a good alternative if you really *must* have a ridiculously long
disclaimer on the damned thing.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579